CYPFS (Oranga Tamariki) Legislation Bill Submissions to Social Services Select Committee
Te Rito made submissions on behalf of the forum and parents that met at the "Te Rito Restoration of Whanau Forum " Hui in November 2016.
The submission was made in 2017 to the Social Services Select Committee in March that year, and heard by Marama Davidson, Carmel Sepuloni and the now Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern, at the time.
The Submission (on Bill and Inquiry) to the Children, Young Persons and Their Families (Oranga Tamariki) Legislation Bill comprises a discussion commentary of contextual relevance to the issues submitted on including:
- Section 7A Further duties of the Chief Executive in relations to improvement of Maori outcomes.
- Section 18A Assessment of parent of subsequent child
- Criminalization of Colonised Demographics - Women, Maori & Pasifika
- Indigenous Women and Sentencing
- Family Violence & Men of Colour - The "Familia", Substance Abuse, Poverty, "Kings" and Acculturation.
- Child Harm Prevention Orders: Coercion to Restrict Adult Engagement in Contact
- Puao Te Ata Tu 1986
A digital copy is available for sale from our site here for $59.95.